The 38 week shot is the last one I took since my water broke on the morning I turned 39 weeks. What a difference (almost) nine months makes! I'm still not sure where the time went, I just know that it's gone by way too fast.
What she's up to these days:
- Tooth #3 just cut through and #4 is not far behind.
- Lots of smiles and giggles. She can be so playful and I live for the sound of her laughter.
- Just started waving and pointing.
- She can babble like a champ! She's been saying "mamama,""dadada," and various other sounds for a few months now. Lately, she's been stringing together different syllables but no real words yet.
- She does understand some words! This has been so much fun to see. During meals, if I ask her if she'd like some water, she'll either get excited and say "ba!" if she wants to drink or look away if she doesn't.
- She knows what to do when we get a camera out.
- Loves to look at her reflection in mirrors or screens.
- Can sit up, though she hasn't totally mastered pulling herself up to sitting yet.
- She can stand with support and wants to be on her feet all the time.
- She can lift her butt in the air but that's as close as we get to crawling attempts. Why bother when we can stand, right?
There's a HuffPo piece making its way around the internet right now and even though it's a little early, so much of it rings true for me. This part especially, every day:
Sometimes, when we're looking at each other laughing, I also feel the urge to cry, because you must be too good to be true. I never want any of this to end.
This little girl makes my heart so happy, it hurts.