Here's what she's been up to over the last couple of months:
- Tooth #6 finally broke through this week. It was a rough time so I'm hoping we'll get a bit of a break from the teething now.
- She can stick out her tongue, clap, and imitate my fingers doing the "Itsy Bitsy Spider"actions.
- She loves to imitate sounds, though she hasn't said anything with real purpose yet. DH always says "Tickle, tickle, tickle!" to her while he tickles her, so she likes to roll on to her side and say "tickatickaticka!" to get us to play. It's very cute...except when she does it during diaper changes.
- She will try to play Peekaboo with random objects and thinks it's hilarious when we act surprised.
- She's entered the food tossing phase. More ends up on the floor or on the wall than in her mouth these days. Can't wait for this one to pass! She loves fruit, though, especially bananas and oranges.
- Her current favourite toy is anything she can get her hands on that is not actually a toy. She loves to pull things off of tables or shelves, and out of cupboards.
- She scoots backwards. We seem to be stalled here when it comes to crawling. I'm starting to think she may just skip it altogether.
- She pulls herself up to stand and walks all over the place while holding on to our hands or furniture. She just started letting go to stand on her own for a few seconds at a time.
- She's finally decided that she likes music. Uptown Funk is a current favourite. She dances, which cracks us up because her "dancing" looks a lot like this:
These last few months have been so much fun. She's really developing her sense of humour and personality. The increased mobility and independence is bringing on the boundary testing, though, and she is starting to get whiny. She can be very quick to express her displeasure. Guess it's time to start bracing myself for the toddler life!