Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Friday Before Last...

...this happened:


Um, what?!

I always promised myself I'd never test that early but starting at about 5 DPO, I began feeling really weird. By 9 DPO, I was a hormonal mess and my temperature, which usually takes a dip on that day, stayed up. Then, on the drive to work that morning I saw one of these:
Full disclosure: this was not on the drive to work. I was too busy driving to take a picture. This was taken from my driveway two days prior. Multiple rainbows this cycle = definite sign when you are getting desperate.

I decided that if that wasn't a sign, I didn't know what was and tested as soon as I got home. My initial reaction was "I KNEW it!" followed by "I can't wait to show DH the second he comes home!" followed by "holy shit, it's only 9 DPO, what have I done?!"

Needless to say, we are extremely nervous about this. Excited but also really nervous. As of today, I'm 4w6d, which is three days farther than I made it last time. We have a viability scan coming up on Oct. 3rd with the RE, at 6 weeks, when we will hopefully see everything in the right place and a beautiful little heartbeat. If all goes well, EDD is May 28, 2014 - just a few days after my own birthday and just about a year after our first BFP.

For the most part, I've been feeling pretty good. From 5 DPO to about 12 DPO, I had lots of symptoms but they've settled down. Now I've just got major bloat, occasional bouts of queasiness, and want to sleep 24/7. Oh, I can also smell everything now and it turns out that everything smells bad. That's been fun.

Over the weekend, we told our parents by giving them each one of these:




They were a hit!

We are trying not to get too excited or attached yet, but we are so grateful for each day that this baby sticks around and are hoping that we get to bring this one home.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh Congratulations!!!!!! Yay yay yay! FX so hard for you for Oct 3rd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! Stick, baby, stick, and good luck on Oct. 3rd! Also, I love the long list of the "only" symptoms you have ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, OMG!!!! I literally squealed when I opened this!! I'm so so happy for you!! Praying that this will be your sticky baby!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, ladies!

    @Alyssa - none of them are constant so it really doesn't feel like a long list! But I guess it kind of does resemble one of those "OMG! I have no symptoms (except for all of these symptoms), should I be worried?!" message board posts, lol.

    ReplyDelete