Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Things Thursday & Friday

My four day weekend has begun and I've already gotten lazy!

Thursday's good things:
  • Music that made me smile. I heard Red Red Wine on the radio while driving to work. Back when I was thirteen, that song was my definition of sexy. Totally my jam.
  • A mostly cooperative grade nine class.
  • A beautifully done, moving presentation of the Stations of the Cross during our Holy Thursday liturgy (I teach at a Catholic school). Our school was without a drama teacher for the first month of the semester and the person who ended up volunteering to take over has done a fantastic job. 
  • Getting the grocery shopping done without getting stressed. The store was packed, as it always is when a holiday weekend is approaching, but I didn't let it get to me.
  • Pomegranate margaritas!
Today's good things:
  • Sleeping in
  • Spending most of the day on the couch. I will probably regret this, though, since I didn't get any school work done at all.
  • Finished DH's taxes. Both of ours are now done, just have to verify the numbers and send them off.
  • Blueberry-banana pancakes with strawberry sauce for dinner.
  • Knowing that I have three more days off.
That brings me to the end of my Good Things project. Has it made a difference? Yes. Nothing Earth-shattering but I think it has been helpful. For many of the positives I listed throughout the week, I could have listed just as many negatives. There were things that were stressful and frustrating but making this list every day helped to shift my focus away from those things. I didn't end up dwelling on them and that made them easier to deal with. I also noticed that I have a tendency to expect the worst, which gives me something I can work on. Ultimately, I needed a change of perspective and got it so I'd say the idea paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment